Consistently and Pervasively, use key words and principles in our interactions.
Key Words and Principles:
Destiny - Each of us is gifted with a unique potential that defines a destiny.
Concern - for others
Humility - We trust in a power and purpose beyond ourselves.
Courage - to accept and face new challenges
Conscience - We achieve our best by an inner sense of right and wrong.
Curiosity - to explore life and learning
Truth - Fact and reality is our primary guide.
Leadership - in making the school and community a better place
Brother’s Keeper - We help others achieve their best.
Integrity - to be truly themselves while acting in sound moral character
Respect - for the environment, others, and ourselves
Responsibility - and accountability for our actions
- Is this Your Best?
- Truth is our Primary Guide.
- Are you following the Golden Rule?
- Are you being a Brother’s Keeper?
- Are you being a Leader?
- What is your Conscience telling you?
- Our actions affect others!
- You can’t control other people, but you can control yourself.
- We need to “Clear the Decks” to deal with issues.
- What is discussed in the Discovery Room – STAYS in the Discovery Room. (This is true to a large extent to protect the feelings of those involved; however, there are important exceptions such as when a person is threatening harm to himself or another.)
- Leave a place better than you found it.
- Are you part of the solution, or part of the problem?
- It is natural to feel “fear or anger,” but it is better to respond through “compassion or concern?”
- Will my words or actions make the situation better or worse?
- We all have a purpose in life. When we are “on purpose,” our words and actions make the world a better place.