Welcome to Halifax High School Guidance Office!
Our high school counselors assist students with academic, personal and emotional, and college and career issues in order to prepare students for life after high school. They accomplish meeting these needs through individual counseling, group counseling, classroom presentations, providing resources such as Financial Aid Night, Career Day, and more. Counselors are available to meet with students individually, as needed, and also meet with some students in small group settings to focus on friendship and social skills, self-esteem, and other issues relevant to today’s high school students. Current classroom topics include dating violence and ways to be safe and aware.
Our counselors assist college-bound students with the admission process including:
· choosing a school that’s right for the student
· choosing a major/course of study
· financial aid information and scholarship applications
· signing and sending transcripts and letters of recommendation
They also provide support for students who plan on entering the workforce after high school by:
· taking an inventory of students’ interests and aptitudes
· providing job-hunting, application, and interview tips,
· connecting students to outside community resources such as local professionals, business owners, etc.
The goal of the Halifax High School Guidance Department, through these efforts, is to guide students toward responsible choices and decisions that will help them lead productive lives both here and after graduation.